Menu
Ckuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No upgrade app

I received the 360 remote yesterday but there is no upgrade app on my TiVo box, I did a restart but still nothing

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: No upgrade app

Hi Ckuk,

Try looking in Apps & Games > All Apps

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ckuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Not in all apps or fav apps or settings. Did a restart through the settings menu and 2 restarts with the button in the back. Still no upgrade app

0 Kudos
Ckuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So, I messaged one of the virgin guys in the forum with the issue outlined, they said to call virgin which I did this morning. After spending 50 minutes waiting on the line, the person who was supposed to help me out just said oh I don’t know what to do, i will pass this on to my superiors and they will get back to you in the next 48 hours. 
I suppose that counts as customer service and support. Shameful and pathetic. 

0 Kudos
Ckuk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Now after spending g all day on the phone to support they have managed somehow to disable my media service account. On the system info page it says 8:Closed and I don’t have access to any on demand channels, help or apps at all. Keep trying to tell them and they keep telling me to do the same stuff, connect to media server and reboot. Now I’m on hold again. 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

that will be because your account has been switched from V6 to TV360

0 Kudos
Ckuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well it hasn’t, I still don’t have access to the update for the box. The whole thing is ridiculous now

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Ckuk,

Can you confirm if you have a TIVO or a V6?  In your original post you said, "I received the 360 remote yesterday but there is no upgrade app on my TiVo box,"  The 360 won't work on the old TIVO.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

BlueLou are you able to help Ckuk as it appears the backend change has all happened but thy cant get access to the Upgrade app no matter what they do. They are stuck in limbo with no extra services as the account has switched  but the boxes are still on V6 Tivo software

0 Kudos
Ckuk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

How can I tell? It’s the black box with a button at the front and two small buttons with a + and -

it’s a v6 as far as I know

in the meantime I’m on hold with Mohammed for 1 hour!!

0 Kudos