Menu
Xiv88
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

No uhd on ultimate oomph bundle

Just upgraded to virgin tv360 and ultimate oomph bundle but when I try to view any sky uhd content I am asked to subscribe. When signing up I was assured uhd was included in my package, it also lists it on the ultimate oomph web page, I contacted virgin and the lady I spoke to reset my virgin box and router, even though I had done this at least 2 times before (don’t think she believed me). I pointed out to her that all my equipment was working fine and it must be an account problem. All she could do was say “wait 24-48hrs and see if it fixes itself, although I’m thinking it probably won’t. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. My thought is, when I upgraded, it wasn’t added to my package.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: No uhd on ultimate oomph bundle

You need to call back and ask them to manually enter the code to activate your 'free' UHD add-on.

When they did mine it activated before the call ended.

@Xiv88 wrote:

Just upgraded to virgin tv360 and ultimate oomph bundle but when I try to view any sky uhd content I am asked to subscribe. When signing up I was assured uhd was included in my package, it also lists it on the ultimate oomph web page, I contacted virgin and the lady I spoke to reset my virgin box and router, even though I had done this at least 2 times before (don’t think she believed me). I pointed out to her that all my equipment was working fine and it must be an account problem. All she could do was say “wait 24-48hrs and see if it fixes itself, although I’m thinking it probably won’t. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. My thought is, when I upgraded, it wasn’t added to my package.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
Xiv88
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, I’ll phone them back tomorrow, hopefully it’s as easy for me as it was for you.

0 Kudos
Xiv88
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE:

contacted virgin media again today, explained that uhd add on was missing, and told the support person that this was the third time trying to fix the issue (the first 2 had no idea how to fix the issue) She put me on hold for a while, then told me that uhd was missing cos it’s a £6 extra fee. The ultimate oomph bundle web page lists it as part of the package, but the rep wouldn’t budge on the price, told her I wasn’t impressed but because uhd was one of the reasons I upgraded in the first place, i ended up paying the £6 extra. I’m still getting a better deal than my old package. The rep told me the web page was wrong and was going to notify the correct people to get it changed. So to sum up, uhd on the ultimate oomph package isn’t included in the quoted price, unless you get lucky or you get a better sales rep than the one I ended up with. 😞

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

• If I were you, I would phone again and go through to retention.

SkyUHD is free to all Oomph ultimate customers, they just need to activate it, that £6 charge is for non Oomph customers. Get a refund. 

0 Kudos
Xiv88
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE 2:

Thank you Royalbeech, have just phoned virgin back and spoke to the accounts team this time, and the very helpful rep removed the £6 a month charge for UHD, whilst still keeping the UHD add on. It’s a pity that you need to speak to the right person or department to get a satisfactory result. I wonder how many people are paying for it and don’t realise it’s part of the package and should be free, or how many people are missing out on UHD when they should be getting it.

Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

The problem with the customer service guys at the begining of the menu, they are beign pushed to make sales, and have NO authority to give discounts of that type and are very reluctant to pass onto the correct team, due to pressure of sales....

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Sky UHD is only free with UO package for new customers. Unless it has changed all us loyal customers have to pay the £6 fee.

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

Sky UHD is only free with UO package for new customers. Unless it has changed all us loyal customers have to pay the £6 fee.

I did see it was now included when you renewed your contract, not checked that out as I am not due to renew, also if / when Sky Sports becomes available is it all going to start again, free to new customer's and extra for existing customer's ?

That's Sky Sports in UHD.

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 wrote:

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

I did see it was now included when you renewed your contract, not checked that out as I am not due to renew, also if / when Sky Sports becomes available is it all going to start again, free to new customer's and extra for existing customer's ?

That's Sky Sports in UHD.

Don't know whats going on tbh. I had my request to get Sky boxsets and movies on demand in UHD refused on multiple occasions, I renewed in March and upgraded to the UO package. Eventually someone on webchat agreed that I could have UHD for free and that someone from the UHD team would call me to activate it, no call materialised and I gave up the fight.

Strangely I find that of the 66 UHD boxsets I can now watch 57 of them in UHD, the other 9 tell me to upgrade, I still can't watch any movies in UHD.

0 Kudos