cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on SD

ewaf88
Tuning in

Hi all of a sudden I'm not getting any sound on any SD channel which includes the +1 selection

Pictures and sound are fine on HD.

I have checked the cabling and have firmly reinserted the HDMI one , and have also done a factory reset on the 360 box, but to no avail.

Perhaps it's the HDMI cable itself or just something simple that needs doing.

Thanks in advance for any help 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ewaf88 

I'm in the Teesside area and I've just checked 8 SD channels on my 360 and found no sound issues.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Have you tried rebooting the 360?

Is the sound direct  from your TV, or are you using a sound bar etc?

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi , as the box was rebooted as part of the factory reset.

I use a high quality HDMI cable which is currently providing great sound and picture on HD and UHD channels.

There are no service issues in my area so I'll have too look into it in more detail tomorrow.

Perhaps, when I find it. I'll try my old HDMI cable 

Hi @ewaf88 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of the sound not working on the SD channels. 

Were you able to follow the advice from newapollo and as a result, has the sound re-appeared? 

Keep us posted if you need further assistance. 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill