cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from centre speaker thru av amp.

Mattg68
On our wavelength

Dolby digital set to always convert but no sound from centre speaker unless true 5.1. Suggests the conversion from stereo to Dolby surround isn't working. I can manually set the amp to surround but this shouldn't be necessary. Any suggestions other than changing the surround mode on the amp each time ?

21 REPLIES 21

Hi there, I have the old style V6 box recently updated to 360. I have a Dolby atmos AV receiver and an LG OLED TV.

Initially i had the 360 feed into the AV receiver and the receiver putting signal to the TV.

I then decided to feed the 360 box directly to the TV and the sound from the Tv to the AV using HDMI Arc.

What i found however is that certain channels, BBC1 for example would not output sound to the centre speaker when the 360 box Dolby setting was set to convert all or follow. I would have thought that this setting would push sound to all channels.

Only solution was to disable the dolby output on the 360 box and have the AV receiver do the decoding, this leads to sound being heard from all speakers but i am not sure if it gives proper dolby sound as intended by the programme signal.

What i don't understand is that if the 360 box is meant to be converting the signal to Dolby why it does not produce sound from all speakers in a similar fashion to the AV receiver doing the decoding.

Coincidentally i also find that any setting other than disabling DOlby in the 360 box leads to the sound being out of sync, this is something else i cannot believe is still an issue with 360 despite it being recognised as an issue for so  long.

Hi @doc1964, have you possibly raised this matter with Dolby to see if they are able to offer any further assistance with out 360 software?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn