cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound after tv360 upgrade

Dazzler23
Joining in

After following the set up instructions all was well except…..I have no sound at all.

I have a Samsung tv and sound bar. All was good until the upgrade. any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Dazzler23, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the sound on the 360 TV box.

Can you please confirm if the sound is available when the sound bar is not connected to the services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

I have sound through tv speaker and sound bar when watching terrestrial tv but no sound at all from any speaker when watching on VM.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Dazzler, 

Are you able to connect it to the VM box to see if it will work this way?

Have you rebooted the box since your upgrade? I know it can be frustrating but we cannot guarantee that third-party equipment will always work with our equipment.

Zoie

Well isn’t that just typical! VM charge me £145 per month and cannot guarantee it will play through my tv! Fantastic service!

Hi Dazzler23,

What the forum team are asking (it may not have been clear) is, if you disconnect the soundbar does the 360 play sound through the TV speakers, if that doesn't work then possibly the box is faulty.

If you haven't tried you could give the box a factory reset, I assume you haven't made any recordings yet so you can use either option.

Hi Dazzler23, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're receiving no sound since your upgrade to TV 360.  And I am sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  Did the advice from my fellow staff member help?  Also, the advice from your fantastic fellow community members?  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R