cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No programme guide on 360. Every channel says "no information available"

nobbyh
Tuning in

Hi there, We updated to 360 weeks ago and apart from losing all recordings three times, it has been ok.  However, a few days ago we lost the programme information in the guide, all channels say No information available.  They all work if selected but we don't know what's on and can't record anything.  I have rebooted the box (switching off at the wall) a few times and also rebooted the hub with no change to the guide.  Searching on this forum hasn't yielded any answers either.  Internet is working fine.  I can't find anything in the settings to update the EPG, I'm reluctant to try the Factory Reset in case recordings are lost.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

The EPG relies on the connection to the hub is it ethernet or Wi-Fi, have you checked your network diagnostics, press Home, Settings, Network, Diagnostics.

You should have, Signal Quality Good, and 3 green ticks.

A factory reset of the box selecting the option to keep your recordings does not lose the recordings but is a good test if your box is suspect and I think yours is.

If the 360 has deleted your recordings (3 times ?), it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

The EPG relies on the connection to the hub is it ethernet or Wi-Fi, have you checked your network diagnostics, press Home, Settings, Network, Diagnostics.

You should have, Signal Quality Good, and 3 green ticks.

A factory reset of the box selecting the option to keep your recordings does not lose the recordings but is a good test if your box is suspect and I think yours is.

If the 360 has deleted your recordings (3 times ?), it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That same internet connection is also used for OnDemand & streaming services. Do those work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Network and streaming all good. I tried the factory reset and it has worked, I hadn't appreciated it would preserve settings and recordings. Hopefully that might also address the issues with losing recordings. Thanks for the prompt assistance, very much appreciated.

Yes streaming services work. I've just tried a factory reset and that fixed the EPG issue. Thanks for replying.

Hi nobbyh,

Keep an eye on the box losing the recordings, it shouldn't do that.

You just need to sign again to your apps like iPlayer. 🤞