cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to 360 - had box 4 days

ngood77
Tuning in

Brand new 360 box arrived Monday.  Audible switch noise at midnight last night.  Now it doesn’t come on at all.  Called a call centre and they are sending a new box which will take 3 working days.  I asked if all of their equipment is this poor.  After the broadband issues in the week I am seriously considering triggering my cooling off period cancellation.

10 REPLIES 10

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ngood77,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV box not having any power. I have looked into this on our system and can see that you have arranged for a new box to be sent out to you. Please let us know how it goes once you have got your new box and been able to install it.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Well, I’m only being sent a new box because the agent couldn’t suggest anything else.  I did point out that the service status page says there is an issue with TV in my area but that seemed to be ignored.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ngood77 wrote:

Well, I’m only being sent a new box because the agent couldn’t suggest anything else.  I did point out that the service status page says there is an issue with TV in my area but that seemed to be ignored.

Hi @ngood77 

Unless it says differently I believe the service status page TV error only refers to  the Catch Up 4 On Demand only Showing 3 days. This issue has been ongoing for a couple of weeks now and is entirely separate to your issue.

Do you have any lights at all on your 360 box?

Hopefully the replacement box will also include a power supply adapter as well (just in case it's actually the power supply and not the box at fault)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks.  The status page does refer to Catch Up 4 but it’s not clear if that’s the only issue.

there are no power lights.  Power did come back the other day but then went again 

ngood77
Tuning in

The agent stupidly sent the new box to a store miles from me - why on earth did not they not send it to my address ?  Who can address this ?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey ngood77, thanks for all the posts and updates on this.

I am sorry to hear of the problems being ongoing and I can see you've contacted us again recently regarding your TV box delivery.

Could you let us know where you are with this now and what the team advised over this communication?

Please, do keep us posted on how things go when you receive and install your new TV box so we know it's done.

We'll be here to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks.   Do you work for VM ?  It’s tricky knowing who does and who doesn’t !

I have since made a complaint which has already been dealt with and compensated.  

Hi @ngood77 

Thanks for coming back to us. Have you now received the box then? Please keep us posted with this.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Who are you John, and what is your role ?