cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No channel changes showing

Michann
Tuning in

The much vaunted channel changes that were due to happen on the 4th of July has not happened on my box. I have rebooted several times bit still no change. How can you rectify this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Michann 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your box.

Are you missing any of the channels at all or is it just a case that the channel numbers have not been changed as of yet?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

ozsat
Superstar

Is the box working when you do a network test?

Can you post an image showing one of the screens with the wrong channels?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

As you should be able to see stv +1  at the bottom of the shot is still numbered 14. I have no +1 channels that start from 300. The box is working fine and I can watch channels, apps catchip and all my recordings with no problem.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Michann 

You've previously posted in the V6 forums (January), which box do you have?. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Are your apps, catchup and on demand services working?

Are you missing any channels?  Does the EPG say TBA (To be announced)?

Have you tried the network test as suggested by @ozsat ?

On a V6 it's Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now

On the 360 go to Settings >  > Network > Diagnostics - this will show if the internet is connected, you need to be connected to the internet to enable the EPG to update.

Again on the 360 if you aren't connected go to Settings >  > Network > Change connection type and then select either ethernet or wifi and set up your connection again  

If you do have the V6 box you can try to update your channels by using your remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels and allowing around 10 minutes or so to update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

360 box. Yes according to diagnostics I am connected to the Internet. Have rebooted again and still no channel changes. I think I'll have to give Virgin a ring sadly as that's the whole of my afternoon now wasted, waiting for a reply.

Thanks for your help however it was much appreciated.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Michann 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your box.

Are you missing any of the channels at all or is it just a case that the channel numbers have not been changed as of yet?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Everything else is fine. Its only the channel renumbering that seems to not have worked. Wouldn't be a problem but something has taken place as it is different but simply results in channel names and numbers sometimes actually disappearing when scrolling or actually getting out of synch so eg telling me on the channel listing I am on Bbc2 but when I select it is actually bbc1 etc. A reboot fixes this but there is something clearly wrong. The 100 and +1 300 channel sequencing has also not happened.

It's liveable with but annoying and really poor customer service. I phoned virgin about it and was told a technician would be in touch within 4 hours and never heard another thing. 

Cheers anyway

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Michann 

Since you've cconfirrmed that it's a 360 box, have you tried a factory reset?

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there,

Thanks for this. It has put everything back to pre 4th July but is now much easier to navigate than the messy menu I was left with.

Much appreciated

Mich