cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV

DH46
Tuning in

Had virgin installed today. Engineer went before checked everything ok. Not all ok cannot get any TV channel on. Ran diagnostics and it states No signal, there is an issue between the cable , connectors or splitters of main TV signal connection and virgin TV box.  Now got to wait 3 days for an engineer visit. Diabolical. Any ideas anybody?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is there any reason the install tech left before demonstrating the working services to you? I believe it's part of their checklist.

Were they leaving, instigated by yourself or them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paul0363
Rising star

If you are in aera 10 (Tayside/Fife) there was an area issue resulting in a total loss of service for TV360.  The fault reference was F011011790.  It was resolved at about 9:30pm on the 16th. Running a diagnostic on the box during the outage gave the error in your post.

If you're not in area 10 then it may be worth checking the servcie status for an area fault (you can phone 0800 561 0061 or check in  My Virgin Media)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The area codes referred to are just a billing reference and have no technical implications.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@jalpitts - I'm aware of that!  However I live in FIfe and my mother lives in Dundee (both billing area 10) and we were both affected by the area fault which was reported on the service status page.  My brother, in area 11 (Edinburgh), was not and there was nothing on his service status page (I asked him to check!), so it would seem likely the fault was located in the areas mentioned. (Could have been a more widespread issue but my "dip test" was only in areas that I know people with VM hence advice to check service status.)

He did say there was an issue for TV in the area but would probably be ok in 10 min. I thought it's probably a well used reason to get off to the next job. He did a great installation job though. TV channels came through about 10 hrs later, so all good now thanks. 

Area 30. But all sorted now thanks. Other than the blinking remote won't pair with Bose Solo 5 soundbar. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, DH46.
Thank you for all the posts and replies on our help forums and this thread, although we're sorry to see you've been facing issues with your TV services.

Great to hear our engineer has helped installing your TV kit and channels and it's all working well now, about the blinking remote and the Bose soundbar bit can we ask if this used to work with the remote before the outage came up?

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs