cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV service

Estachio
Joining in

Is anyone else in the Glasgow area having issues where they’ve had no TV for over 2 weeks - starting 20th August. 
Unable to get an update, Customer Sevice ask you to call back in 24hrs. 
Alternatively does anyone know the policy for early cancellation when Virgin are physically incapable or resolving the issue or giving steps to resolve?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What exactly do you mean by no TV? Do you have a loss of live broadcast channels? And if so - do you get any error codes on-screen?

Is anything reported on the automated status line 0800 5610061?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

As well as the number japitts has provided (usually the best), if you sign into My Virgin Media and check Service Status does that show any problems.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Estachio,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

So soryr to hear you're experiencing no TV service, just from checking our system I can see that you are currently affected by an area fault.

Whilst this isn't the greatest news to hear our team will be working to resolve the matter.

The estimated fix time advised is the 11th September at 9:00.

Regards,

Kain

Hi japitts

To explain my virgin tv box has been on the home screen for the past 3 weeks. There is no area code and when I am eventually able to get through to a “customer service” operative I am told there is a known fault in the area that engineers are actively trying to fix. 
Anytime I call for an update I am told to wait and they keep extending the estimated time of resolution. 
Thanks for sharing the number to call

Hi @roy247

I have used the virgin app to check for status of signal in the area. 
it does indeed tell you there is a fault and is being investigated. 
I have signed up for text updates but as yet have not received any further updates 

Kain

Thanks for sharing the 3rd and a further random date that the fault is expected to be fixed. 
The issue started around the 24th August. I called on the 26th and was told it would be resolved on the 31st. A further call on 31st I was told the 6th. And now your telling me the 11th. 
If it wasn’t for the fact an engineer came out on the 8th to look at the “known area fault” and replaced the box. Which seemed to miraculously fix the known area fault I’d maybe listen to what you have to say. 
I am waiting on a callback from your Complaints team and will absolutely NOT accept the meagre £20 compensation offered for poor customer service, zero updates, loss of service for half the month and additional costs incurred. 
Please pass on this message if you can. I’ll await the update to the complaint I raised on the 31st August. 

Hi Estachio,

Thank you for reaching out to us, sorry to hear your services were still effected by the fault, I have checked our end today and it looks like this has now been resolved, if this isn't the case and you do need further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.