cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV service for a week

Malina423
On our wavelength

Hi, ive had no TV for a week now. I kept checking service status on VM app and they have been changing a date when the issue would be fixed fir a week now.  it says there is a problem in my postcode area.

Ive had no tv for a week now, Any advise?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

ozsat
Superstar

The first thing you should do with any fault which is stopping your services is call it in - even if fault status indicates the issue.

You can register for compensation then for the duration from the point you called in - and also your fault may be a different issue to that listed.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An excellent point made already, I would only add that depending on the symptoms of your issue - you may be able to get some help on here if you explain the problem.

Live TV failing will usually be a network or box fault, so the above advice applies 100%

Issues with OnDemand or streaming, may sometimes be an in-home connectivity issue that some self-help via this forum can sometimes resolve,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Malina423
On our wavelength

Hi, it just doesn't connect with TV. TV box is turned on but TV doesn't get a signal. I tried switching off and on and I replaced all the cables as well. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you run the reboot cycle, do you get the "Welcome" & "Starting up" screens?

Have you tried an alternative HDMI port on your TV, to make sure the issue is not there?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Which cables did you replace?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Malina 423

japitts did ask a good question when you power cycle the box what do you see, if you don't see the start up welcome screen then have you checked TV's HDMI input is selected to the correct input.

If it is and the box light is white and you don't see anything when restarting then it looks like you do have a faulty box.

Hi @Malina423 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Very sorry to hear of a TV issue for you.

I've done a background check and can see there's an area fault affecting the TV service.

F011100226 - fault reference. The estimated fix date is today at 10am. 

There is a potential workaround;

Customers may be able to resolve the issue by performing a force connection: Navigate to Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to VM services now.

Hopefully that fixes it for you but if not and still not fixed later today, please let me know.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill