cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV service for 3 days

Asalmons88
Joining in

Hello,

According to my Service Status in my area, there is a known issue with Virgin MediaTV. This started yesterday (12th) and isn’t likely to be fixed until 15th. Do I need to report this outage to anyone and am I eligible for any compensation as I’m without TV service for potentially 3 days or more.

Many thanks

Andy

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a statutory compensation scheme that all telcos must adhere too, however this scheme  only covers Broadband & Telephone outages in excess of 48 hours continuously. If only TV is affected all you can claim for is the refund of equivalent rental paid for the TV part of the service.

You will need to contact VM after the service returns to claim a refund.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although it's also rare to have a total loss of all broadcast TV services. What are the issues you're having? Just incase it's unrelated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Asalmons88,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV service, are you still having issues at the moment?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L