cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Eurosport 2

DanRooney17
Tuning in

Eurosport 2 live isnt functioning.

Ive check all cables in both both boxes. Restarted both boxes. And still not working.

After looking here see post about this happening before, and found a suggestion regarding other channels that are "grouped" with Eurosport.

Ive tried most of those same channels.

Quest HD

Cartoon Network etx and these channels are also not working.

Whats next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the channels on the same mux are affected, you have clear evidence of a signal fault.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Eurosport 2HD, Quest HD &Cartoon Network HD are indeed on the the same broadcast mux, along with TLC HD, France 24 HD, Sky Sports Cricket HD, Sky Family HD, Sky Comedy HD & a couple of others.

Firstly, try the old reboot trick. Then check the Service Status for your postcode via the link above. If no TV issues show then you have a signal issue at your property & will require a tech visit to sort it out.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the channels on the same mux are affected, you have clear evidence of a signal fault.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

Thank you both for a quick response.

I have check the service status, and indeed these appears to an issue being looked at 

Oddly seems to mention Disney plus, which i didnt think you could get via virgin?.

so for now il monitor this post and service updates for now. My experience with calling VM has been very hit miss. Really seem to depend who you get so will be last move if not.improved as ive already now missed wanted to watch any way 🤣

Screenshot_20220619-145254_Chrome.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use the automated line rather than online, to check for signal issues - it's far more accurate IMO.

Disney+ is available on the stream box only, but the online status page is very high-level.

You can access Eurosport through the Amazon Prime app on your smart TV or through the Discovery Plus app which is available on Samsung TVs. Or, you can watch Eurosport on any other compatible device, on screens big or small.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Leon748 wrote:

You can access Eurosport through the Amazon Prime app on your smart TV or through the Discovery Plus app which is available on Samsung TVs. Or, you can watch Eurosport on any other compatible device, on screens big or small.

Good idea @Leon748 , however it doesn't really help the OP as the named apps  need subscriptions.

Eurosport 1 and 2 are included in the VM subscription fee.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All of which is perfectly valid, but no substitute for the linear broadcast channel working.

I suspect that the OP's issue is on their install/kit somewhere.

Hi thanks for the insights.

The TV issues shown for my area us due to be fixed today last time i checked.

After checking my boxes and connections and rebooting  both boxes none of which solved the issues.

Given the channel in question i watch for one particular sport i thought id wait and see if the issue thats is being fixed has any effect first before chasing VM.

I appriciate the suggestion of other apps. But as others have said it is an extra subscriptions and i feel i already pay enough 😅🤣