forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Martinclaydon10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nightmare trying to upgrade to TV360

I currently have 3 quite new V6 boxes having signed up just a few months ago.

I have tried numerous times to upgrade to V360 having been put on hold for up to an hour each time only to be told they will transfer to another department, then put on hold again etc etc. At least twice it simply goes dead and I have to try again.  When I finally talk to a real person they tell me the system wont let me upgrade as I have 3 boxes!  They dont know why it matters and said maybe another department can help.  It seems the left hand has no idea what the other is doing.

If I were a new customer apparently its not a problem!

I reall feel like giving up, having just had a faulty box replaced the engineer said it shouldnt be an issue.  Why is this so hard!!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nightmare trying to upgrade to TV360

Hello

The problem you have is that you have three v6's and the only way to upgrade would be to replace the three v6's with a v360 and two v360 minis, currently only the Ultimate Oomph customers can do the upgrade that way, as you cannot run three full v360's on the same connection.

You will loose 2/3's of your storage going from 3Tb to 1Tb, VM can push the update to one of the v6's and send you the replacement remote plus 2 v360 minis.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martinclaydon10
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Totally understood, we don't need a huge amount of recording, we are on the oomph bundle already. Therefore don't get why they wont/can't do it. No one at virgin seems to be able to help keep getting passed around different departments instead of one person taking ownership and dealing with it.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

According to BlueLou you can run 3 360 boxes with hard drives, post number 5 on this thread,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Multiroom-how-many-boxes/td-p/4616830

But Virgin don't offer it.

0 Kudos