Menu
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Newcastle V WBA Failed Recording

I am not a Newcastle or WBA fan but I did have the game scheduled to be recorded this afternoon, just looked at my recordings and I see it has failed "due to a change in schedule" is the message. The change in schedule is the name of the program has been changed from Live Premier League Football to Saturday Night Football, same time 2.30 to 5. Surely it should still record between those times even if the program has changed.

Just another feature of the 360 software.

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newcastle V WBA Failed Recording

I'm pretty sure the v6 would have done this too ie not recorded. I know I had it happen a few times with motorcycle races where they slightly changed the name. Only a human being can see the programme is the same just with a different title. To a computer the programme has been cancelled and changed to something else. Not 360s fault but a schedulers fault in my eyes 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i am sure if it keeps doing thinks then it will be flagged as a fault and fixed. I agree that TV 360 needs for of a live guide and should be updated as soon as there is a schedules change.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot remember my V6's ever failing to record.

It would also be nice to be able to set a manual recording time, I am think you could do that with the V6, select a channel and then start and finish times.

When you press the record button you have the option to extend the time to say an hour pass the scheduled finish time, but on your planned recordings you don't get confirmation of the times, it just gives you the time from the TV guide, you don't know if it's worked until you watch the program. A lot of F1 shows overrun if you are wondering why I use it.

0 Kudos