cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tivo box

Carolann77
Joining in

I have just changed my tivo box which I loved to the new version, which I hate.  I can't recover deleted shows, and the show format is awful.  Some programmes are cut off before the end and can't set up series links as before.

The package I was on was no longer available, so I had to take the new Tivo box to get the package I was on previously and their Internet,which I had with talktalk and phone.

I had to end my contract early with them which cost me money and my telephone is dead have to get engineer out to fix it and I am now seem to be watching less tv and more Netflix and YouTube as before.  I know they did this to make more money.  I only hope does not waste it as before trying to get into space, maybe Richard Brason should have stayed there instead off changing things around.  The message is LEAVE THINGS ALONE THAT WORK!

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you cannot recover recordings you have migrated to Horizon V360. It is a totally different operating system to TiVO.

Also you have been misled by the sales hype that customers are getting from customer services that the service is an upgrade. It’s not, it’s a different system. TiVO is NOT obsolete, nor is it package dependent for existing customers. I have just renewed my contract & there was no mention of changing my TiVO V6s, although I could have changed voluntarily if I wished. The V6 TiVO box is still available & fully supported, although with a few less apps (like Paramount+). Both Horizon V360 & TiVO V6 require you to have VM Broadband as the boxes rely on the VM hubs to connect them to the correct headend equipment.

The other piece of bad news is that migrating to V360 is a one way process, as you are deemed to have voluntarily accepted the change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I was told by Virgin that tivo was no longer supported by Virgin and I have no other choice but to take the new box or leave.  I thought it would be the lesser or two evils.  When I first took on the tivo I was paying for it £5 a month until I found out that anyone I asked they didn't so I rang to enquire.  I was told "oh you are one of the people still paying for tivo."  Spoke to a manager and his  answer was " His English's is not to good"  I could understand him.  Asked for a refund and got a big fat NO.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As already explained, a conversion from TiVo/V6 to TV360 is totally voluntary. VM certainly encourage it as part of package negotiations, but I have also recently re-contracted, and at no point was TV360 mentioned - I would have declined it in any case and retained my V6.

If you are certain you were mis-sold through incorrect advice, you certainly have cause for complaint. Whether it will get you a V6 back is not guaranteed by any stretch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks