cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mini box - 100:70 error. Please sort for me Virgin Media!

marky_uk
Tuning in

Hi there

As many others have reported here, I have a new Mini Box added in a second room, to my existing 360 box elsewhere.

plugging it in, I get error 100:70 displayed.

I understand it needs to be provisioned - codes sent or something?

can someone at Virgin Media action this for me soonest?  I called but lines are closed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @marky_uk 

Error 100:70 is usually displayed during initial setup when the box has not yet received its entitlement for Live TV and should resolve within a few minutes.

On occasions it needs a VM agent to update their systems with the 360 serial number. 

Did you already have a 2nd VM TV box in that location, ie a Tivo?   If not then you may not have a VM coaxial connection in that room which is needed for live TV.

If you did already have a working box there then check that the co-axial cable to the malfunctioning mini box is snug and secure. Also that it has an internet connection.

You could try swapping the box around with the working boxes and see if that forces it to update past that error message.

Also if you have the correct coxial feeds have you tried the actual activation line?  0800 953 9500 - you will need the box serial number and your account and area number. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @marky_uk 

Error 100:70 is usually displayed during initial setup when the box has not yet received its entitlement for Live TV and should resolve within a few minutes.

On occasions it needs a VM agent to update their systems with the 360 serial number. 

Did you already have a 2nd VM TV box in that location, ie a Tivo?   If not then you may not have a VM coaxial connection in that room which is needed for live TV.

If you did already have a working box there then check that the co-axial cable to the malfunctioning mini box is snug and secure. Also that it has an internet connection.

You could try swapping the box around with the working boxes and see if that forces it to update past that error message.

Also if you have the correct coxial feeds have you tried the actual activation line?  0800 953 9500 - you will need the box serial number and your account and area number. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

marky_uk
Tuning in

Silly me - just impatient!

I had plugged it into a brand new socket and waited a couple of hours.  Checked cabling by plugging in my primary V6 box which worked fine.

left the new mini box on the original V6 box socket (which I knew worked) and a few hours later, we are all good 🙂

thanks for the speedy reply.  It actually had me go back to check it was all ok!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yayyy

Thanks for the update @marky_uk 

I'm always impatient and seldom read manuals either.

Glad it's all working now

Dave
The do's and don'ts.