Menu
daniel999007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer question

On the set top box I get a error message and in the my virgin media website I also get a error message if I try to add channels. Is there a reason why I get the error message when I try to add channels with the set top box or on the website and how do I get this fixed. I have already contacted customer service and they said if it's not fixed in 48 have I would need to phone back it's 48 hours later error is still present so I decided to try the forum first before phoning just incase another customer has encountered this and can basically tell me what it is and hopefully save another telephone call.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer question

What is it that you're trying to do?

Change your package or add some premium channels?

Calling is usually quicker to do this, as any self-serve alterations are often manually keyed in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
daniel999007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was trying to add premium channels. If I ever needed to change the main package I would always phone up because I would want to listen to what offers are available such as at the expiry of my current contract.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're getting errors when trying to add premium channels and/or change package via self-service methods, it's often because of promotional offers & discounts on your account.

Calling in will ultimately be the quickest way, the forum team can't usually get involved in package change issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks