cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer question

daniel999007
Tuning in

On the set top box I get a error message and in the my virgin media website I also get a error message if I try to add channels. Is there a reason why I get the error message when I try to add channels with the set top box or on the website and how do I get this fixed. I have already contacted customer service and they said if it's not fixed in 48 have I would need to phone back it's 48 hours later error is still present so I decided to try the forum first before phoning just incase another customer has encountered this and can basically tell me what it is and hopefully save another telephone call.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're getting errors when trying to add premium channels and/or change package via self-service methods, it's often because of promotional offers & discounts on your account.

Calling in will ultimately be the quickest way, the forum team can't usually get involved in package change issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is it that you're trying to do?

Change your package or add some premium channels?

Calling is usually quicker to do this, as any self-serve alterations are often manually keyed in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I was trying to add premium channels. If I ever needed to change the main package I would always phone up because I would want to listen to what offers are available such as at the expiry of my current contract.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're getting errors when trying to add premium channels and/or change package via self-service methods, it's often because of promotional offers & discounts on your account.

Calling in will ultimately be the quickest way, the forum team can't usually get involved in package change issues.