cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New channel setup

bigbadbod
Dialled in

The new channel setup is absolutely pathetic, were the new numbers choosen by throwing darts at a dartboard whilst blindfolded?

Why is Drama inbetween the Itv channels? Why are the History channels suddenly miles apart?Why have a bunch of channels been moved behind the garbage music channels? 

How hard can it be to have all the channels grouped correctly?

Yet another nail in the coffin that is funding my decision to leave. 

5 REPLIES 5

ozsat
Superstar

What line-up would you have put - noting that any channel can decide not to move?

Similar on Sky - channels are all over the place.  But they can't just be moved without all agreeing. Channels have to not only agree to be moved but also to allow channels to jump over them/

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bigbadbod 

I'm afraid you can't please everybody all of the time. 

Personally I prefer the new layout  with all the time shift channels grouped together.

You could make more use of the voice control button and "History 2" for example to seamlessly switch to that channel.

You can always make use of the profiles feature on the 360 and set up your own channel lists.

You can have up to 6 sets of profiles. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Here's some additional info  from /cleanfeed.thetvroom  which may reveal why the channel placings may not seem 'to be grouped correctly'

"Sources told Clean Feed that Virgin Media had offered broadcasters with lower-ranking slots the option to take up slots in the 130s and 150s for those wishing to spend extra on an annual rental agreement.

One source said they were interested to see how these higher-ranking slots would impact viewing figures  "

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I don't see what's the big deal about channels as you are only likely to view a handful regularly and will therefore know those channel numbers.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

Channels we’re offered the ability to do deals for more premium slots during this reshuffle. So my guess is UKTV who own drama have paid some ££’s to be in that slot.

It wouldn’t just be random, some of the channels have paid big money to be in their positions.

Mally_BUK
On our wavelength

I don't like the new line up either and can't wait until my current 18 month contract is up for renewal then i can dump everything except the broadband.