Menu
MrMMS
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New V6 UI

Hi Everyone

My question is regarding the UI of the V6 box. When I upgraded my package recently, I was advised that the UI of my box will change to the new UI of the new 360 box. I don't know what the software names are referred to but I still don't have any update on my TV and customer service team were very vague and didn't really know the answer and suggested I ask the forum..... thank you for the great service.

Have I been misadvised, heard wrong or be patient that it will happen?

Thanks

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 UI

In order to upgrade V6 box software to 360, you will need to have got a new remote control from Virgin as pictured.

360 Remote360 Remote

I've read elsewhere on the forum that once this remote is paired the update becomes available in the apps section of the V6 software, however eventually all boxes will get the update, if you've not been sent the new remote I would have a look through the TV 360 section of this forum before deciding if you want it yet as there are some issues and a lot of missing features compared to V6

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
roy247
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The V6 box has the TiVo software, 360 boxes have Horizon software, the V6 box can have the Horizon software downloaded to become  a 360 box.

Matt has kindly posted a picture of the remote you should receive to give you the all important voice control.

Says it all about 1st line customer service if they are saying ask the forum.

MrMMS
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That was very helpful. Thanks 

0 Kudos