Menu
aquatarkus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

New TV360 main box and mini box delivery expected today, well done Virginmedia yet again!!!

Had a text message from Yodel yesterday evening (19:00hrs) saying they have my equipment and would text me today with my 2 hour delivery slot.

Nothing all day, get a text message from VM saying sorry your deliveries been delayed by things beyond there control and at the moment they can not give a definitive deliver date but are working to secure one as soon as possible.

Why did Yodel text me t say they had the equipment as it appears they didn't actually have it and now Virgin can't give a delivery date.

This delivery was arranged last week and i had to take a day off work which now turns out was a waste of time and now to cap it all off just got another text message from Virgin (same number as the Yodel text message)

saying

Great News, Your Virgin Media kit's on its way, keep this text handy and when your ready to get set up just reply GO to this message and we'll activate it!!!!!!

Do Virgin have any idea what the bloody hell they are doing, not had any text message from Yodel giving a 2 hour time slot  so am assuming nothing going to be arriving today, tomorrow  wonder if will actually see the equipment before Christmas.

Hope they don't deactivate my V6 boxes 

Come on Virgin get a bloody grip, sort yourselves out.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TV360 main box and mini box delivery expected today, well done Virginmedia yet again!!!

I am surprised Yodel told they had it if they didn't in my experience, they used to be quite bad but have improved over time. The only time's I can remember recently when they have messed up is with wine, one delivery didn't turn up, when queried yodel they didn't know anything, contacted the sender when they got an answer from yodel it needed resending, the second time the repacked box only had half the bottles of red wine all covered in red wine, due to covid the box was left and the driver quickly gone. Maybe your upgrade has been disassembled by yodel.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TV360 main box and mini box delivery expected today, well done Virginmedia yet again!!!

I got my yodel text about 11am on my delivery date and they arrived about about 3pm

0 Kudos
aquatarkus
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just had another text from Yodel saying they will text me my 2 hour time slot as soon as the package is loaded onto the delivery van, also just received an email with a tracking number so looks like will arrive today (hopefully), lucky am at home today as site visit due to attend has been cancelled, building site closed down due to Covid-19 issue.

0 Kudos
Darkened0sky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi aquatarkus

Just wondering if you have had your delivery yet?

We seem to be having a similar problem. Got the text from yodel yesterday saying we will get a 2 hour timeslot today, and then a text this morning from Virgin saying it was delayed beyond their control and were unable to give a definitive delivery date.

At this time we have not had a tracking number from Yodel, so no idea if they actually do in fact have the parcel or not.

Wondering whether it is worth contacting CS as a lot of the posts on here about this all seem to end with: "CS has no idea what they are doing or what the issue is".

0 Kudos
Gary06028
Superfast
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yodel and virgin a marriage made in heaven haha

0 Kudos
sj101
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue, spent 1.5 hours on phone to CS who seem to think there's an issue with the stock of the equipment, referred me to another department who I cannot talk to on the phone and will call me back within 48 hours to arrange a new delivery date, but they couldn't advise on when that new delivery date might be, except for 'up to a month'. Was the yodel text from: 07418344442 ?
0 Kudos
Darkened0sky
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi sj101

My partner got the text and she is not with me right now, so I cannot check the number.

I have seen a number of forum posts stating that there is stock issues, but as far as we are concerned, we placed an order, got given a date for our delivery and was not informed of any issues with stock at the time of agreeing to the contract. Having worked in a similar environment previously, I know that we were physically able to see when a specific item was out of stock, and it was a requirement that we inform the customer there and then so that they could make an informed choice as to whether to proceed or not.

My main issue is that VM have already started to bill us for the new contract as of today, which was the agreed date for the upgrade to start, yet until we get the new equipment, we are paying for a service that we do not have.... Plus, our account clearly states that the delivery would be today (16th December) and that the parcel is already out for delivery and no mention of issues with stock.

0 Kudos
aquatarkus
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

My number that i received the text from was the same, can confirm have just received the delivery from Yodel / Virgin and am in the process of uninstalling and then installing the new TV360 and mini box.

Have sent the GO text to VM  who appear to have activated the new TV360 as the V6 suddenly showed no channels just before i switched everything off to begin the installation.

Fingers crossed no issues, funny in the instructions they say you mustn't use another network cable or HDMI cable apart from the ones supplied with the new kit. well I'm going to be using my existing Cat6 network cable and my HDMI certified HDMI2 cable. (yes it is one of the 1st HDMI2 1 certified cables)

Just got to add the TV360 box as a Ziggo Media next box to my Harmony Ultimate + Harmony Hub remote control system

Will update everyone once everything up and running.

Regards

KeithW

Darkened0sky
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aquatarkus

Okay, that's good to know that your delivery was only delayed by a day, gives some semblance of hope at least.

I'm going to attempt to call VM later as there are other issues that I need resolving as well, had an engineer out to take a look at the issues with our existing box (decided to upgrade after the visit was booked so kept the appointment), and told him not to bother replacing the box as we were getting a new one, but he replaced the interior cable and left it hanging out of the box (box has not been changed since being in this property) engineer said he hadn't installed that piece of kit in the six years he has worked for VM.

Anyway, long story short, VM customer services are going to have the pleasure of speaking with me (if I ever get through to them) later on today.

0 Kudos