Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New TV360 Box - Unpair Remote and IR Codes

I am a home automation engineer and we have a client who has just received one of the new Virgin TV 360 boxes.

I need to be able to control this box via standard infrared commands, does anyone know if there is a published list of the IR commands it responds to, or alternatively is there a way to unpair the Bluetooth link of the original remote control so it emits IR codes instead and I can then learn these codes into the home automation system we have installed there?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TV360 Box - Unpair Remote and IR Codes

Hi Crustyloafer,

This may help from the Irish VM site  pair-horizon-remote-control/  the text below advises how to unpair the remote

If the pairing has been unsuccessful, Press "VOL-" and keep the button pressed; then press the source button simultaneously (top centre button). After approximately 5 seconds the TV standby button will flash red twice. Now release both buttons and type in 981, this will un-pair the remote.

Repeat the pairing process from Step 1.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Newapollo, can you confirm this works with the new TV 360 boxes?

Also, once completely unpaired, does the remote emit standard IR codes?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi crustyloafer,

I haven't got one of the new boxes yet so can't confirm either way.

Hopefully one of the VIP members or community members that already have the new box can advise.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The reply might help but the Horizon remote control is different to the Humax Remote control supplied in the UK

0 Kudos