cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV contract

Matty2303
Tuning in

Morning all , just spoke to virgin as my contract is coming to an end , they offered me what I already have but wanted to charge me an extra £18 to keep the tnt sport channel , surely this can't be right , is it being removed from all packages? 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Matty2303 

Yes, TNT has been removed from all packages and is only available as a standalone premium extra for all new customers and anyone recontracting or changing package.   

The Ultimate Oomph and Ultimate Volt packages have now been discontinued and have been replaced by the Ultimate Mega bundle.

You could get the TNT Sports add on for £10 a month using the Stream set top box, however that box is limited to one per household,  doen't have a hard drive so no recording facility, and can't be taken in conjunction with any other VM set top box. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I was offered a 20% discount to renew my existing package, although Agents don't seem to believe me (have got it in writing). Phone up and say you will leave, they usually give in.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new owners of the channels have now insisted they are sold separately, which they are quite entitled to do under the wholesale arrangements. If you remain on a legacy package they will still be included, but any changes you make, even if not TV related, will result in Maxit TV (channels included) being replaced with Mega TV (channels not included).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks