cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV 360 box but Missing Connector

Nutri-Grain
Tuning in

Help please......

My elderly mother has been sent a TV 360 box to replace her ageing Tivo box.

I went to set it up for her last week and the small adaptor/connector cable is missing from the box - yes I've double and triple checked and it's definitely not there. (Everything else is in the box)

After spending hours trying to get through to someone at Virgin I've finally given up 🤷‍♂️

When I did get through, the person I spoke with didn't understand what I wanted no matter how much I tried to explain in simple engineering terms.

The existing Tivo box is screw connection ( F-connector ) but the new 360 box is a standard push in TV connector ( IEC type )

Please can someone arrange for the small cable cable connector to be sent to her as we can't set the new box up without it.

Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nutri-Grain wrote:

My elderly mother has been sent a TV 360 box to replace her ageing Tivo box.

Faulty TiVo's are replaced with V6 as a matter of course - these run the same software as TiVo.

If your mother has been sent a TV360, then the most likely explanation is that she accepted an invitation from CS to convert to the Horizon-software instead of TiVo.

The connectivity is the same and VM will need to pick this post up to arrange the missing connector - I have a suspicion you can also source it from online stores - but the software point is worth being aware of.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the post.

The email she got from Virgin advised some of her existing channels she watched she would no longer be able to unless she upgraded to the new box.

Hence the upgrade.

The request for a new short cable connector / adaptor should be a simple request - yet Virgin seem most difficult to deal with. Customer service on 150 a nightmare and long time waits 50 mins an hour or more seem the norm. Totally unacceptable.

Hoping a Virgin Guru can assist !

Hi Nutri-Grain,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Mum's new 360 box looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you guys!

A screenshot of the back of the 360 along with the connector that doesn't fit would be really helpful, I can get this sent off to the relevant team along with an explanation of what has happened. 

They'll get the correct connector sent out to you Mum's address then. 

Sorry for the confusion this may have caused for you and your Mum!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi and thanks for reaching out to me.

Here is a photo of the existing cable connector and also a photo of the rear of the TV 360 box,

Existing ConnectorExisting ConnectorTV 360 connectorTV 360 connector

Thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

For heaven's sake it shouldn't have to be someone like me to show VM staff what this IEC connector looks like.

20181126_001138_15pc.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for confirming, we can certainly have this arranged for you.

So this can be done I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules