cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Package deal with additional TV

PhilD4
Joining in

Just negotiated a new package and equipment arrived today.
All set up great but it included an additional 360 TV but  we don't have another Virgin connection in the house so cant connect it.
The salesman on the phone was difficult to understand and I advised it may not work because of this be he assured me it would.
Any one else experienced this "miss selling" of products.
I don't know what to do now as cancelling the contract within cooling off period would just cause more issues.
Would Virgin install another point for me free of charge or do I just put the equipment in the loft and forget about it ?

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

You just need to give Virgin a call and ask for a manned installation and it will probably be free as part of your upgrade.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PhilD4

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you have been unable to install the second box.

I will send you a private message now so we can assist further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PhilD4 wrote:

The salesman on the phone was difficult to understand and I advised it may not work because of this be he assured me it would.
Any one else experienced this "miss selling" of products.

This is more than likely an offshore call centre response, & is either the result of poor training or a reflection on the standard of some of the staff employed in them rather than any deliberate miss-selling. I not tarring them all with the same brush. On occasions some of these offshore staff have been very helpful.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks