Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Installation Query

Hi

I ordered a 3 V6 boxes for a new installation in a flat that Im refurbishing a number of months ago. The install is scheduled for Dec 2020 - Ive asked if can have Virgin 360 installed instead and I have been told thats not possible. Seems a bit of a backward step having to install the old kit and then having to upgrade in the future.. is there a way to get the new Virgin 360 kit installed from scratch?

Shawlander

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation Query

The V6 platform is very much current. V360 has only just come out of trials & the firmware still requires many "tweaks" before it works as well as the V6.

Also if programme storage is important, the V360 system has a "central" box with 1TB of storage. All recordings rely on streaming from the main box. The V6 is all separate hard drives (so if you have 3 boxes you have 3TB in total). The boxes can stream between them the same as the V360. I has also been stated by a staff member that if you decide to upgrade to V360 at a later date you can keep the additional hard disk storage on the new system.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That’s right. If recording space matters to you, and it doesn’t to everyone, then you can take the 3 x V6 then upgrade to 360 when available in the new year and all three boxes will be upgraded with all 3TB storage available for recordings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BlueLou

Will I be able to return a 360 mini for a 360 1TB box to replace the Tivo V6 box I lost as part of the trial ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Roy

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you want, but unfortunately you can’t swap a Mini box to a 360 box at this stage. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In my situation of having 3 V6 boxes and one TIVO would the TIVO be replaced with a mini box? Certainly wouldnt be a problem if the storage of the other 3 boxes remained.

0 Kudos