Menu
Rds261189
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New 360

Hi, I paid a fee to upgrade my V6 boxes to 360 software and got 2 new remote controls, now it's showing on forums that one of the V6 boxes should have been changed for a 360 box , can anyone clarify if this is the situation and if so will Virgin upgrade one of the boxes to 360 since I've already paid the fee?

R SCOTT
0 Kudos
thrice
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 360

I had two V6 boxes that were upgraded to 360s. I received two new remote controls to replace the older 'peanut' ones. Once upgraded, via the app that appears on-screen, they have worked well with only minor glitches that were soon sorted out.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rds261189,

If you have 2 V6 boxes then both will be upgraded to the new 360 via the upgrade app. That way you keep the full storage facilities on both boxes.

IF VM sent out a new box it would be a 360 mini which doesn't have a hard drive, so no storage facilities.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you had 2 6v and now you updated them both will  be 360 now.

The mini 360 box is not needed and it doesn't have a hard drive.   So your better off keeping the old box's.        V6 and 360 are what we call the software.   

@Rds261189 wrote:

Hi, I paid a fee to upgrade my V6 boxes to 360 software and got 2 new remote controls, now it's showing on forums that one of the V6 boxes should have been changed for a 360 box , can anyone clarify if this is the situation and if so will Virgin upgrade one of the boxes to 360 since I've already paid the fee?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to be clear.

The V6 and TV 360 are essentially the same hardware.

The difference is the software. V6 runs TiVo software and TV 360 runs Horizon 4 software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Just to be clear.

The V6 and TV 360 are essentially the same hardware.

The difference is the software. V6 runs TiVo software and TV 360 runs Horizon 4 software.

Wrong. The 360 also has a mini box with out a hard drive.? 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The minibox is simply exactly the same hardware without the hard disk. As such it can’t run TiVo software and has to run Horizon 4.

That doesn’t change the fact that your explanation was both confusing and inaccurate.

V6 and 360 are not the software. The software is TiVo or Horizon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos