Menu
Bigmac776699
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New 360 box won’t record more than 1 programme

Hi new to virgin. Had 360 tv installed yesterday and mini box. Engineer said it can record 6 programmes at once. We only had 1 set up and when we tried to set up another series link it said ‘recording clash’ we only had 1 thing set up! And a programme recorded 8-9 tonight but on another channel the one set up to record at 9-10 failed ‘due to a scheduling conflict’. This is clearly not able to record 6 things at once!! Can anyone help please? It’s driving us mad! Thank you in advance. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New 360 box won’t record more than 1 programme

Just to clarify thing's, are you setting the series link's and recordings when using the 360 main box or the mini box. It shouldn't make any difference as far as I am aware but I always set them when using the main box because that's the one I use the most and also has the hard drive, mini box has no hard drive so anything set to record on the mini record's on the main box. You should definitely be able to set more than 1 channel to record at the same time, go to the TV guide and try recording the channel you are watching and also set more channels to record at the same time. If for example you set BBC 1 to record and then select BBC 2 to record if you get an error then you have a problem, you can try doing a factory reset and if that doesn't fix it you will need to phone Virgin and report a problem.

Do any recordings you make play without any problems, and are catchup and on demand working ok.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm using a V6 so I'm shooting a little blind here, but...

I don't know whether the 360 has any option to view the status of each recording tuner live? Or view recordings-in-progress, live?

If it does, that would be a quick way to check how many tuners are actively in use. If no such option exists, then every day's a school day for me....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I know the button you are talking about and no the 360 doesn't have that, that's a big miss on the 360 because you could swap between all 6 tuners and rewind to catchup which was great when watching football, 360 only seems to have 1 active tuner unless you have recordings set, no switching between 2 channels and not missing anything, press last channel and it's start again.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I agree there is no Info button to see which tuners are buffering or recording but then V6 has no Startover function which some TV 360 users may find useful. This function is available on around 30 channels on TV 360 and allows the ability to start from the beginning for programs which have already started.

It does use BBC iPlayer to achieve this for BBC channels but, for the rest of the channels which have this, you can consider these programs being buffered in the cloud.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Startover function maybe useful for some user's, but if for example you want to switch between 2 games of live football you have to have them both on record on then keep going back to your recordings to switch, not just simply pressing the back button and then rewinding to see anything you have  missed. Also Startover generally only works once a programme has finished.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In terms of helping the OP, can @Bigmac776699 check over roy's suggestions in post 2, and respond to those questions.

I'm more familiar with the TiVo/360 software, but the points in that post are useful in terms of potentially narrowing this issue down.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 

Sorry but you do not understand Startover.

What you describe as not available until after the program has finished is Catch Up.

The whole point of Startover is that it is available while the program is being broadcast so that, if you’ve missed the start, you can begin from the start during the broadcast time.

0 Kudos
Bigmac776699
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @roy247 thank you for your reply and to all of you. The issue seems to have resolved itself. Very strange! I was using the main box. I’ve just come over from Sky after 20 years as couldn’t cope with the slow fibre broadband anymore my area only goes up to 50 mbps. Thanks again. Really helpful replies. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is the Startover symbol not the rotating arrow for one way to describe it, this is usually grey when a programme is on which means it's unavailable and then goes white when the programme has finished, it is then available but you could also say it's catchup.

0 Kudos