cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 360 box takes 3minutes to spring into life. s this normal?

mclifford9
Tuning in

Have just installed a  new 360 box. When I select the virgin option on my TV the screen goes blank for up to 3 minutes before the virgin box springs into life. After the delay everything works ok but the delay in start up is very annoying. Is this normal or can it be fixed?

Any advise would be much appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

If this is when the 360 box is first turned on it sounds like the box is set to Eco mode, you can you check what the box power setting is by pressing the Home button and go to Settings (cog on the right) System > Standby power consumption.

You have 3 choices, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start, if it's set to Eco start set it to Fast Start or Active Start.

Thanks but box is already set to Active mode

roy247
Community elder

@mclifford9 wrote:

When I select the virgin option on my TV the screen goes blank for up to 3 minutes before the virgin box springs into life. 

Is the 360 already on when you select the input on your TV, so are you saying for example if you switch from the 360 to some other input when you switch back it then takes 3 minutes before you get a picture.

I make sure the virgin box in on, then switch the TV on, select the virgin HDMI port, the screen then goes blank for about 3 minutes before bursting into life and is then as normal. When the tv is switched off or an alternative source selected, the same problem re-occurs when selecting virgin again.

Hi mclifford9,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Tv service. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have spoken with the team already regarding this. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

^Martin