Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New 360 box not working

Just taken delivery of the new box, installed in place of V6 box, swapped everything....can't get connected! no helpline on 150 (thanks Covid) sent to the help pages on Virgin media....NOTHING not even the error code of CS1010 is not recognised.

Message says 'can't pull up my settings, reboot' done that...thurned off everything and started again, still nothing!

Any help would be gratefully received.... or shall I just put the V6 box back?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New 360 box not working

CS1010 says the box is inactive. Have you taken action to activate the new TV 360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you called to activate the box? If not, call 0800 953 9500. You'll need the box serial number when you call.  Replying GO to the text you should have received normally works but may not have!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have tried 150 (and the 0880 number) all I get is that they need to send a signal:-  when I select '1' the message is " sorry we are closed right now, go to Virgin media/help" there is no help for the 360 box!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the prompt reply, I am trying to activate the box....dialling 150 and following the appropriate sequence all that happens is that the message is that they are closed! I haven't received a text where I can send 'go' either.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jonesy21,

The lines should be open again at 8am tomorrow.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the activation line isn't working when you call tomorrow then speak to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You will need the box serial number and your account number and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't know if this will work without the original text but try texting GO to 07418 344442

Is your mobile no. on record with VM?  If not,  may explain why you didn't get a text (and texting the above no. will likely not work as they'll not be able to link to your account).

If it doesn't work, follow the advice given by @newapollo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your suggestions.... I did get through to Virgin Media this morning, very helpful chap, tried everything and said the box is activated. I had my old V6 box connected to the Netgear Powerline and used this for the new 360 box, however still the same error code of CS1010 so I said to the assistant I'll hard wire it into the Hub and said it would take a while. I've since done that, no difference! Now trying to get through again, and end up being directed to the internet help pages....which don't help (they obviously haven't caught up yet)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the text suggestion, trying this now.....

0 Kudos