cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 360 box do recordings transfer from tivo

VeraR
Joining in

Is there a way of transferring recordings from the Tivo to the new 360 box?

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Superstar

Hi VeraR,

The short answer is no. You mention TiVo if it's the old TiVo box then that would be replaced if you mean a V6 box with TiVo software then the hard drive gets reformatted when the new software is downloaded and you will lose any recordings you have so it's best to watch anything you need to see or be prepared to record them again after the update.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are converting from a TiVo to TV360, your box is swapped out. If you're convering from V6 to TV360, the hard drive is reformatted to install the new software.

In either case, the answer is the same - all your recordings & series links are lost. You are completely starting from scratch when you convert - see also the second bullet point on the covering glossy with your new remotes.

upgrade v6.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VeraR wrote:

Is there a way of transferring recordings from the Tivo to the new 360 box?

You have never been able to transfer recordings between boxes, even on the same firmware platform. It is a condition that is imposed on Virgin by the broadcasters & programme owners.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks