Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New 360 box - Missing Apps

Received my 360 box tonight but seems to be missing a lot of apps.

No All 4; ITV Hub or My5 on first glance - hardly an upgrade - to say i'm disappointed is an understatement.

Mods can you raise a fault? Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 360 box - Missing Apps

@Peter_D wrote:

Received my 360 box tonight but seems to be missing a lot of apps.

No All 4; ITV Hub or My5 on first glance - hardly an upgrade - to say i'm disappointed is an understatement.

Mods can you raise a fault? Thanks

Not a fault, the 360 is still in the trial phase and has not been officially launched yet so has some apps missing.  You can still access All 4, ITV Hub, etc via the Catch Up Menu.  It defaults to all channels but if you select the all channels filter at the top it lists All4, ITV Hub, etc.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Will give it a try. 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

has some all 4 content  but no walter presents etc that i can see

really disappointed virgin - feel i've taken this box under false pretences - cannot see how it is an upgrade in any way

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don’t think this is a trial anymore considering the amount of marketing going on. What is certain is that the trial firmware is still in use on these boxes. I keep being told “it’s not trial firmware”, but to my mind if it hasn’t been updated since the trial, it IS still the trial firmware in use. There are updates planned, but as to when, nobody is saying yet.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks