Menu
TouchingCloth
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Netflix output and locking issues.

Hi folks,

I read a topic yesterday about HDR output and the possible instability of netflix on the 360 box. The replies seemed to suggest the 360 box does not suffer from instability issues like some of the Tivo boxes were prone to. However I am experiencing a spate of lock ups. The often just freeze the app in the menu area and the only option is to switch restart the box. Other times the message "netflix has encountered a problem, please try again later" pops up.

I also have issues with HDR content. There is a disparity with most titles between the 360 version of the app and those via the tv version. The tv version correctly flags HDR content and the tv switches the input to make use of this feature.it also lists those titles utalizing Dolby vision and Dolby atmos.

The Virgin version has many titles that dont match the output capabilaties of the TV version, and of the few that do list HDR, do not trigger the TV to adjust the picture settings to take advantage of the High Dynamic Range. There is no on screen message as there is with the tv version and the picture remains flat in comparison.

A moderator said they were aware of issues and looking into it. Any news if this is actually an issue or part of a tentative roll out of HDR and other visual and sound enhancements,  such as Dolby vision and Dolby atmos, that I'm paying for in the higher subscription for 4K content, but cant access via the virgin version of the app?

Thanks

0 Kudos
TouchingCloth
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix output and locking issues.

Interesting.... after posting the above I went to load up my watch list on Netflix.  I have now got many more titles listed as HDR and Dolby Atmos. This is compared to last night.

No Dolby vision as yet, but not a dealbreaker of course.

TV and Soundbar confirming they are receiving the above too. 

Still had the app reacting slowly and loking up for a short period. Buf I can put up with that if its moving in the right direction. Its no problem to use the tv version, buf much nicer to use just the one remote.

0 Kudos