cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix interfering with another person's playback of recordings

grahamsmith52
Joining in

Hi there,

My parents (Surrey) are unable to playback recordings of normal (C4, ITV) TV programmes because of Netflix use by myself (Staffs) and/or my son (Leics). Anyone any suggestions to remedy (I have tried the IT remedy of turn it all off and on again).

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What makes you think your parents problems - which you've not described - are caused by (very likely unrelated) actions on your part?

What are the service problems your parents are having with their VM service? Explaining what's actually happening with their TV service would be a good place to start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the comments.

When they try to replay a recording (Neighbours!) they get a messagesaying they cannot because either I, or my son, are using Netflix and there is only a single useraccount.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recordings and streaming apps (of whatever label) are completely different media and that's a new one on me. Unless they're not watching a recording but are trying to stream Neighbours from Netflix, which would be a logical explanation for "inability to stream two programmes on the same account"

Does it only happen with this specific series/recording? Or is it on many, and this is just an example?

Could you possibly post a photo of this error message?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Speaking to my parents again it is only only one particular recording, and they now say all recodings of that series have disappeared. I suspecg it means they have deleted the series rather than an episode, and the Netflix warning was coincidental. They are going to look again tomorrow. If there are any developments I will update.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @grahamsmith52,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some interfering issues with your and your parent's services.

However, as @japitts advised, these issues are very likely unrelated to each other. Please attach an image of this issue so we can understand this problem better.

Keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further support with this. We'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs