cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix autoplay

frost2029
Dialled in

The Netflix app on both my 360 and mini box auto place content without me needing to press play. This is really annoying as you can't even read the synopsis before the content plays.

I have autoplay turned off. I've tried resetting the box no luck. Does anyone else have this issue? And anyways to stop it?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @frost2029 

I don't have netflix so can't confirm if this works, but a quick google search suggests

1. Sign in to Netflix from a web browser.
  2. Select Manage Profiles from the menu.
  3. Select the profile you'd like to update.
  4. Check or uncheck the option to Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices, and Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices.

Not sure if it's possible to this via the 360 netflix settings, but certainly worth trying via a browser?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No, that doesn't help.

I've already tried that and I advise that in my post. The problem is the Netflix app on Virgin media. It does not do this for a web browser. It does not do this on my Android phone. It does it on both the 360 and my mini box. It does not do it on my fire stick. It is a problem with Virgin media Netflix app.

I have noticed this also. But it doesn't always happen - only every so often. At first you think it's a trailer but it's the actual movie/tv show playing. Doesn't happen on my shield, laptop or fire cube. 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey frost2029, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues with Netflix.

This is a feature Netflix do, and we won't be able to help with this, sorry.

This feature only works when you are watching Netflix on a TV.

It won't work whilst on a phone or the browser. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?