cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app freezing while playing

carni2k5
Dialled in

Every movie or series I start to watch freezes about 3-5 minutes in screen goes blank then when picture comes back it’s frozen I have to click pause for count of 10 then click play it starts again and seems fine for rest of movie or series episode. Anyone know the cause of this or having the same problem?. Never did it on the V6 box. 

68 REPLIES 68

Thanks for coming back to us @carni2k5, is this issue only happening when using Netflix or do you have issues with other apps too?

How is your box connected to the network, is it via WiFi or Ethernet cable?

Regards,

Steven_L

It’s only Netflix app that does it. It’s all connected by cable. The Netflix works fine on TV upstairs, seems to only happen on the Virgin TV360 box, it freezes at the beginning of every Movie or series I click the pause button then click it again and it’s fine for rest of movie or episode, I’ve tried the things mentioned above but still does it so I’m resigned to just clicking pause/play button twice.

Hi carni2k5,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and welcome back, sorry to hear you are still facing this issue, I have had a look our end and also try to replicate this on 3 other 360 boxes however haven't been able, do you face any other issues with the box?

Regards

Paul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Virgin will blame your TV or Netflix for this but I can assure you this issue is specific to the Netflix app on the 360. Sky Q have judder control which is the same as match frame rate and the app works flawlessly on Sky. Yet again, Virgin and its VIPs that are just here to fob you off. 

This happens with my virgin 360 box and Netflix as well. Definitely an issue with virgin as a Roku plugged in to same television and network etc doesn't exhibit this behaviour. Annoying issue but I don't expect virgin to accept it is their issue as that's how they react to most things

Hi Grj373

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of this Netflix issue. Can you confirm how is the 360 box connected to the internet, wired/wireless? Are any other streaming services on the 360 affected, such as iPlayer etc?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Getting the same issue. Netflix works fine on other virgin boxes and devices in the house. On the main box (wired into the internet) it pauses between 1-2 minutes into whatever we watch. If we were to watch a series it will happen on the first episode we select but does not happen as each episode auto plays but if we select what to watch it will pause between 1-2 minutes of play time every time, without fail. Very doubtful it’s anything to do with internet dropping out as never happens on the other boxes and they’re connected to the wifi

Hi @Boothen888

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with Netflix. 

We are not aware of any known issues that would cause this to pause.

Could you please try rebooting the box and ensuring all connections are secure?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

You are aware of the issues as it's been raised here. What's the point in rebooting etc when multiple people have raised the same issue? Why not just acknowledge it's a problem? It's not a big deal but at least say you'll look in to it at some point.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Grj373, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Issues with streaming can occur for a number of reasons and in some case a simple reboot can fix the issue. 

If you could let us know the information requested by my colleague, we would be happy to run through some diagnostic checks. 

Thanks, 

Nat