cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app does not load 360 box

Boingboing1958
Tuning in

Netflix doesn’t load on 360 remote, just get red circle spinning round. I’ve rebooted everything, all other apps work. When I press Netflix button on Sony tv remote it goes straight into the app. Any advice please.

22 REPLIES 22

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Boingboing1958

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the Netflix issue - how is the box connected to the internet? If wireless, can you try it wired?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The box is connected by Ethernet cable

Hi Boingboing1958,

Thanks for providing that information. Have you tried to Factory Reset the TV360 box at all? This will refresh all software and apps on the TV Box.

You can reset your box by going to Settings (or using the Voice Command) > Systems > Factory Reset - please be aware this will reset any recordings, or customisation you have done.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Boingboing1958 

On some of the boxes you are given two options when factory resetting the box.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If that doesn't work then try the Format Disk option.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Brilliant thx - factory reset seems to have done the trick

much appreciated 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Boingboing1958 

Than ks for the update.

Pleased to see it's all working now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Had to do another factory reset this morning as Netflix was opening but wouldn’t play any titles. I’m hoping that this doesn’t keep re occurring

Hi Boingboing1958, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and updating us. 

We're happy to hear that a reset has helped resolve things but this isn't something you should need to do repeatedly. 

If you notice the issue happening again, please pop back and let us know so we can investigate this further before you do the reset. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This morning I have had to do yet another factory reset as Netflix loads but will not play any titles. This is the 3rd time in as many weeks and there has to be a fault somewhere I presume with the 360 box. This is becoming very frustrating as it means re logging into all other streaming apps such as iPlayer etc.

can anyone please help