cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix & Prime Search

csmonkey
Tuning in

I've recently upgraded from V6, can anyone confirm whether the TV360 voice search can/will return search results from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video when content is available? At the moment I need to manually launch and search in each of these apps. 

'Boxsets' appears to return shows available on iPlayer but not other '3rd party' apps. My v6 did this and was a much used feature in my household.

20 REPLIES 20

lennyv
Up to speed

The word on the street is that this will be available in a future update. There's no saying exactly when, however.

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hey, Netflix won’t be available just yet, like with Sky Q they aren’t keen on integrating their results. Amazon Prime Video is coming  very soon...

Thanks for confirming. Seems strange though considering the TiVo powered V6 already had Netflix search integration...

Releasing the 360 while requiring basic multiple upgrades is just shocking from virgin. Total disaster from virgin

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

It’s not fully released yet though, amazon prime video will be updated before launch at the end of the year. 

The integration that TiVo and V6 have with Netflix will never bettered by anyone. Ever. Netflix just won’t do that anymore. 

However, we will find a way to include Netflix results in search. It’s just going to take some time. Until then just say “netflix” into the remote, it’s a lot quicker than V6 at launching the app! 

Netflix are definitely making it difficult to include their content in aggregated results at the moment. The best implementation seems to be in Google TV, which even lets you add Netflix content to your watchlist. (Even then, there's a little wrinkle at the moment where Netflix seems to be preventing this from working for Netflix Originals).

@BlueLou - do you know what the reasoning was behind moving away from TiVo to the Horizon platform if the TiVo interface with the likes of Netflix could not be matched? Surely it would have made more sense to enhance the current TiVo interface for the V360 rather than compromise on functionality with the Hirizon platform?

The reason behind it is cost saving and also allows them to have more control over updates and fixes and also adding content. Because its new to UK a lot of API, contracts and support from third parties etc prob need to all be started from scratch as its a new platform. Also Tivo would not update the software like TV 360 as its there own platform they use on all there boxes.

Thanks - does this mean that there are plans to integrate Netflix into the search criteria on the V360 in future software updates?