cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix & Amazon picture juddering

Weebowobble
Joining in

Since we changed to Virgin the picture does regular judders whilst watching Netflix and Amazon prime programs.
can anybody help with the reason for this and how to resolve. It never happened with our previous non cable provider.  
Thank you

17 REPLIES 17

As a general rule most people prefer to watch their streaming apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime through the native apps on their TV. I certainly prefer to watch this way on my Sony OLED rather than use the apps on my 360 box as the picture quality is superior. As you have a LG OLED I presume this option is available to you and it may help with the issues you are having.

Hi @Weebowobble

Keep us updated with how you get on and if you are still having issues at all, we can look to investigate this further if so. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi apologies for not replying. I have been away. 
We have tested the juddering using the virgin box. Everything judders but going directly through our smart tv there are no problems at all with any streaming? 
please can u advise further. 
thank you 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Weebowobble,

Thank you very much for getting back to us. Just to clarify: when you load Netflix and Amazon from your Smart TV - there are no issues with the picture, but when you load the apps from your Virgin TV box - the picture is juddery? Have you experienced this issue when watching Live TV on your Virgin box as well? Have you also checked that all the cable connections between the box, TV and Hub are secure and tight?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi

We have now done a variety of checks …

Using  just smart tv for live and also for using Netflix/Amazon prime / Disney apps etc we experience no juddering problems at all. 

We can watch live HD TV through the VM box but as soon at we launch and watch Netflix or Amazon Prime apps through the box it judders.  

If there were any connection lead issues then we would surely have the same issue on live TV through the box? We have checked them anyway and all is secure  

We would really like to use the box all the time rather than swap backwards and forwards. Hope this can be rectified now. 

look forward to hearing from you. 

Regards

Nikki

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Weebowobble 

Have you tried a different HDMI lead, also a different HDMI port?

I would also check that you are using a high speed HDMI cable that is HDCP2.2 compliant.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Weebowobble,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Have you tried what has been suggested by @newapollo ?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. I presume you have toggled the Virgin match frame rate setting on and off as suggested by another poster?