cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 360 box is broken

Jonc11
Joining in

It started a few days ago I took dog out one evening and left my cable TV remote control on cabinet it worked fine.When we got back I pressed the button on remote and it just didn't work so I kept trying then called virgin to ask for a new remote.Then I tried again as put new batteries in and the right hand corner on remote a white light lit up in any button u pressed.The same as before.So I thought if this is working Wats wrong so I called virgin back and they told me to unplug my 360 box which I did.Then instantly the 360 box had no lights on or not loading welcome page on TV I tried it again then I knew the 360 box was totally broke.I got through to the tecnitions told them they said wait 24 hours see if it comes on.But I thought do they think I'm stupid then I receive a text message from them saying all with the box outside is working good so enjoy your service.This was 7 hours after and thought they are mad they havnt done a thing.So I called again told them yet again and was told to be put on hold.I must of waited 25 mins on mobil eventually she told me an engineer will come round and try and fix it or put a new one in.This was Friday and she told me he could come round to mine on Tuesday 4 days with no TV as in bedroom all Inputs for freeview more all living room.So for 4 days I'm totally no TV I should try knitting I want to know about compensation with TV box for 4 days off I'll check on web sat morning.ok

Z100 Nyc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no compensation for loss of TV. It is a reasonable expectation to be given a Tuesday visit on a Friday, given the intervening weekend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no compensation for loss of TV. It is a reasonable expectation to be given a Tuesday visit on a Friday, given the intervening weekend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Friday to Tuesday is two working days, which is a normal & reasonable response time for a residential class service. Even if compensation was offered for TV (which it is not as only Broadband & Telephone services fall within OFCOM rules), Virgin still get two working days to fix the fault before compensation kicks in. You could claim a refund of the TV portion of your rental, but even for 4 days you would only be looking at getting around £5 back.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonc11, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TV service and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

We would provide loss of service for the TV and this is /30 x daily rate. 

Please let us know how the engineer visit goes? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Go away

Z100 Nyc

Engineer was cool on time and fixed the problem TV phone

Z100 Nyc