Menu
Taj100
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Multi room set up

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am looking at signing up to the Virgin Media 360 bundle. Just need to know do the Multi room mimi boxes still need the virgin media cable connected to them or will they work on WiFi. 

If I do need the cable points will Virgin media install them in those rooms or will I need to get it done independently. I’ve never had Virgin media before, but I do know there is 1 virgin point in the main living room. 
Thank you for any help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi room set up

Hi there

Yes all of our set top boxes still require coaxial cable so that you can get the live TV channels.

I can arrange you a site survey prior to installation for you if you would like. I'll pop you a private message to take some details from you to assist you further and ensure you it goes smoothly

We would also need to run the cabling ourselves as we need to ensure it is all terminated and isolated properly.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Taj,

Both the main 360 box and mini box require a coax feed into the Virgin Media system and a network connection. The main box will feed into into your hub usually with an ethernet cable, and the mini can be connected by wifi. Virgin will install a coax to the mini box, I assume you are getting their broadband so they will install the hub as well.

Roy.

0 Kudos
Taj100
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will think about the survey and get back to you in it. Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem @Taj100. Take care and thanks for considering joining us!

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos