cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Room

sparklyjane80
Joining in

We are having out set up done now - and the Engineer won't run the multi room into the Loft bedroom. 

So disappointingly we now have no TV option in the bedroom.

Anybody worked around this?

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Horizon V360 are broadcast receiving boxes. Therefore a direct connection to the coaxial cable is mandatory, just as you cannot use a satellite broadcast receiver without connecting it to a dish.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dgmcc
Tuning in

We had the same problem. You can workaround it simply.

You cannot watch live TV via the guide without the wired coax, but you can still use the mini box in your loft as long as you have WiFi reception there.

All the apps will work, and you can watch your recordings - your mini box connects to the main box.

You can workaround the live TV issue by recording any programme from the guide, opening recordings and selecting watch from start. If you select watch live it won't work.

Should add - you may need to connect the mini to your main coax when first setting it up, but after then you are golden

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If I were in your shoes I'd get my builder to drill holes into ceilings and floorboards and install a rope so that the coaxial and Ethernet cables can be pulled into the loft. Get the Ethernet cable installed prior to the VM tech's visit so that he can install the mini box with minimum delay.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection