Menu
Lisatomhayes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Multi Room

We moved to a new house about 8wks ago.  An engineer came out and fitted us a new 360 box in our lounge and a multi room box in another room.  The second room still had boxes in it, so the TV was not set up. 

The engineer left all of the cables in the back of the multi room box and told me that when I was ready, I would just have to plug it in and connect the hdmi lead to the TV.

I have tried this today, but my TV says no signal and the multi room box has two red arrows on it?

Any suggestions or will I need to get the engineer back out?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Multi Room

8 weeks is plenty long enough that your new box has potentially been deactivated through non-use. To rectify that, is a call to VM with the box S/N handy.

Although I'm not seeing clear confirmation in your post, that this extra room has the necessary coax & internet connections present for any VM TV box to work. The internet can be WiFi or Ethernet (via your homehub), but the coax is a physical connection that's either inplace or not.

If everything is inplace, then you most likely just have an activation issue that a call to VM can rectify. If there's no coax connection point in this second room, then I'm afraid you're stuck until such time as VM are allowing multiroom installations. Additional room installs have been self-serve only since a while now, with no firm news on when this may change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisatomhayes
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, its all sorted now.  It was actually my fault, there were 3 hdmi slots on the TV.  Two on the back of the TV and one on the side of the TV.  I had plugged it into the wrong one, I put the box into the slot on the side of the TV.  Once I swapped it to one of the slots on the back, it has worked fine

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisatomhayes,

thanks for updating your thread.

It's great to hear you have it all up and running now.

Take care and stay safe.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos