Menu
kenken0710
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Movie Channel - Pixelated but only affects a few ???

I have the movies package and everyday at least one of the channels is pixelated and unwatchable??

As I type it's Thriller & Action Channels, all others are perfect so I have no idea what the issue is?

I have tried all the usual routines to reset, checked cables etc etc and every other channel, sports etc are working fine.

Why are only a few movie channels affected???

I have tried to resolve and used advice from another post so interested in helpful comments. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Movie Channel - Pixelated but only affects a few ???

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this is best reported to VM. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

Digital TV platforms (of which VM is one), broadcast channels through their network in clusters (known as multiplexes) that don't bear any resemblance to their EPG positions - so when you might see "random" channels affected by pixellation, they're likely to be common to a broadcast frequency/mux. You've mentioned "thriller and action channels", but can you be a bit more specific (individual channel numbers/names) - it won't alter the outcome, but may help prove the issue in the meantime.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos