cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More sound issues with 360

Workerant
On our wavelength

Upgraded from V6 to 360 and within minutes, the sound stopped working via my LG soundbar. For years, my Sony Bravia smart tv has worked happily via HDMI Arc (but not optical as the TV kept switching the soundbar on when it shouldn't). The soundbar came on when I turned the TV on and went off when I turned it off. Now I get no sound at all. I have been all over the web, I have reset the TV and soundbar, I have cleared the cache and data. I have ensured that all audio settings are correct on the TV and the 360 box. If I disconnect the box, I can get the TV working as before on digital channels but as soon as I plug the 360 in, I have to switch the soundbar on and off manually and can only use optical input. HDMI Arc stays silent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Is there a Audio Passthrough option on your Sony TV, try setting it to on if it isn't set to on already.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Superstar

Is there a Audio Passthrough option on your Sony TV, try setting it to on if it isn't set to on already.

Workerant
On our wavelength

Thank you. I haven't been able to find this and when I search on the web, it seems the equivalent is now an Auto setting which is already set.

I would post the model number of your TV then if someone else has the same they might be able to help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Workerant 

Have you turned on One Power on the 360? Settings > SysteM > One Power.

That should ensure that your soundbar turns on at the same time as the 360 if you are using an HDMI cable. 

Have you tried connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC? If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people.

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video > Audio Output > there are options > Follow Content, PCM 5.1 (HDMI only), and PCM 2.0
Choose whether you want the audio output to follow the quality of the original content (Dolby Digital where available) or to be converted to PCM 2.0 (stereo) or PCM 5.1 (uncompressed multi channel sound). Using PCM settings may resolve audio sync issues. Netflix will always use Follow Content. Use 'Follow Content' for any bitstream audio like Atmos where it's available on content.

In a minority of cases where the soundbar has both an HDMI input and an HDMI output (best) you connect the soundbar to the TV box and the 360 box to the TV (for video passthrough)

Also if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar then set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes thanks, I tried OnePower and it didn't work although when I first got the box, it did. Connecting to another HDMI port has no effect either. I've also tried PCM which had no effect (but used to work). I've also tried various configurations of cable connections. All I have now is optical from the TV (which no longer seems to switch the soundbar on randomly), HDMI from the 360 to the TV and I have to manually switch the soundbar, the TV and the  360 off individually.

Hi

I have an Lg TV and soundbar with no problems using eArc, if you give supply some model numbers you might get something specific to your setup. 🤞

Workerant
On our wavelength

I had a look on the web and LG TVs and soundbars work very well together but Sony TVs and LG soundbars don't. The reason given is that they both make TVs and soundbars and therefore want you to buy their own make. The problem has only arisen however when I changed the V6 Virgin box to a 360

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Workerant.
Thank you for all the posts and replies to this thread, although we're sorry to read about the issues you're having with the compatibility between your Sony TV and the LG soundbar when on your 360 TV box.

We'd love to see how we can help with this, therefore we wish to ask for a few more details.
Are you able to provide the model of your LG soundbar as well as the Sony TV for us so we can feed it back to the relevant team?
Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs