cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing sky sports Chanel’s

Knighty123
Joining in

Recently renewed with virgin I have main box and a further two boxes one of which does not show sky sports Chanel’s since my renewal, message states currently setting Chanel’s up error code 100:70 but has been like this for two weeks now 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Knighty123,

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

Did all 3 boxes have Sky Sports before you renewed and does your new contract show 3 boxes, could it be one has been dropped off by mistake.

If your contract looks OK then it sounds like you need the activation codes sending to your box, you can try calling Virgin and hope you speak to someone who can do it or be passed to the 2nd level support team, or wait here for a member of the forum team who might be able to help, that could be a couple of day's.

Are the other 2 boxes both mini boxes, you could try swapping them around to see if that prompts the channels to update or try rebooting the box first by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug. You could also try a factory reset, it's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset and on the mini box there are no options to keep recordings because they are on the main box.

You might have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, (I can't remember if the mini box will pick them up from the main box), also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Hi yes all 3 boxes had sky sports package on prior to renewal it’s just the one box now that won’t show sky sports I’ve done a reset and swapped boxes and the problem moves with the box no matter where I use it I’ve tried contacting someone at virgin but just directs me to an automated system to check my signal and line etc which is obviously fine because I’m getting all Chanel’s in my main box it’s just one of the mini boxes that is playing up

thanks for the reply 

Hi Knighty123,

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Thanks I’ll give that a try 👍

It's best to phone around 8am when they open and you should have a good chance of speaking to a UK based person, and this is isn't just a Virgin problem it's all companies who use cheap off shore call centers.