Menu
Robjones1997
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missing certain channels on my box

Hi,

We’re missing certain channels on our Virgin box - more specifically, ITV2 HD, in this case.

A quick Google search shows that it should be channel 176, but on our box’s guide, we’re missing channel 176-179. 

Can anyone elaborate? Can we solve it from our end?

It can’t be lack of relevant subscription because we have other channels not included in our subscription that are visible, but are greyed out as unavailable, whereas these channels mentioned above are missing completely.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing certain channels on my box

On a 360 box, if you have access to the SD & HD variants of a channel, the HD will take the position of the SD and you won't have the SD version.

So ITV2-SD is in all packages on Ch115.

ITV2-HD is only in the personal picks & Full-House/Maxit bundles, would otherwise be on Ch176 but on a 360 will replace the SD channel on 115

Edit: There's a version of the online channel guide specifically for the 360 (in other words, allowing for SD/HD swaps) here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing certain channels on my box

Hi @Robjones1997,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, and I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing some TV channel issues!

Thank you to @japitts for providing some amazing information! Please let us know if this helped your situation!

I was able to send a Missing Channels Signal to your TV box to ensure that all information is being received. Please reboot your TV box and let us now how you're getting on.

We can look into this further for you if needed. 🙂 Keep us updated.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos