Menu
peterak
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Missing TV 360 mini box from my delivery

I've just received delivery of my TV 360 equipment, but the TV 360 mini box is missing. Should it be in the box, or does this come in a separate delivery?

0 Kudos
dimbutnice
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing TV 360 mini box from my delivery

Perhaps your V6 box only needs a software upgrade, not replacement.  That's what happened with mine.  All I got was a new remote control and some instructions.  Have a look at the paperwork that came in the box.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What's in the box ? Is it just a remote or, 1 or 2 remotes and a 360 mini box ?

0 Kudos
peterak
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

there are 2 remotes in the package and one TV box. I already have a V6 box. There are no instructions on the box

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The box will be the 360 mini box, looks the same as the V6 box but is half the height as there is no hard drive. Your V6 box will get a software upgrade to become a 360 box. Check your app's on the V6 box, I believe that is where your update will be. Do you have an old TiVo box or a second Virgin connection point because that is where the mini box needs connecting, either replace the old TiVo box or connect the mini box with coax and either ethernet or WiFi. 

Here is a link to the instructions,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Upgrading-to-360-from-existing-V6-amp-TiVo-setup/...

0 Kudos
peterak
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and link. Strange that I have to come on a forum to get the set-up instructions rather than being sent them. My contract doesn't start until Monday, so I guess I might get sent something before then.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The instructions should have been sent with the equipment, you might find this link to the user guide useful as well,

https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Virgin-TV-360-User-Guide.pdf

0 Kudos
peterak
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There was a booklet on the box that included an explanation of the buttons on the remote, but no set-up instructions

0 Kudos
RGregg
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had new delivery yesterday, I already had 2 v6 but had 2 full size boxes in there replaced both my old boxes, with new ones and I can choose what box I want to record on namned them bedroom and living room and it asks me where I want to record, strange as was ment to get a mini box but virgin said its fine to use them both, I have to send the old v6 boxes back, both of mine have hard drives

0 Kudos
River-Tyne
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same here, took delivery on 2nd February 2021 having chosen to self install rather than have an engineer install/

Yes, one box, 2 remotes, 1 set of leads - was expecting 1 360 box and a mini box. Tivo in lounge and a V6 in the bedroom. No useful instructions concerning installation. I did think that perhaps the V6 was to be used instead of a 360 mini but thought I would ring Virgin to check. Waited ages to get through and spoke with call centre who took details and agreed that the mini was missing from the package and would sort it out. Thought I would get an acknowledgement (ticket number) by text or email but nothing.

Pretty bad show by Virgin and if it wasn't for this forum i wouldn't have been any further. So should I wait to see if the mini 360 turns up or should I attempt an installation on the basis of the received 360 box replacing the Tivo and the assumption that the V6 will update its software. Don't want to mess things up - any thought?

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos