Menu
Mark280
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Misled to sign a contract

i was talked into "upgrading" to the 360 box. after receiving it virgin sent someone round immediately for the v6 box and i realised after a few days why. in my opinion the 360 is rubbish, so for months ive been trying to get back the v6 box.  

after being sick of being told to call back in a month, i decided to tell them i would leave if i had to continue with the 360 box. the operator then offered to send me the v6 box but only if i signed a new 2 yr contract. i was happy, at last i get back the old box.

when it arrived it turned out to be another 360 box, so i had 2 360 boxes. ive spent literally 20 plus hours, explaining the situation to many different operators. ive complained officially, tried facebook and the text only number. its always not their department or out of stock.

Can anyone help? does anyone know whats going on, they keep making excuses. i'm exhausted haha

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misled to sign a contract

You probably won't want to hear this, but a migration to 360 is - for all practical terms - a one-way trip.

I'm not going to say you can't reverse the migration, because a couple of people on here have managed it. But it's not without some serious persistence, hours of complaining and a (probably) quite high-level "ok" from VM which no-one is going to give lightly. And without wanting to sound rude - just posting "I'm not happy with 360" on this forum doesn't touch the sides.

By means of trying to see light - is there anything specific about 360 that you don't like? VM don't "own" TiVo in the same way they do 360 - and all their development focus is very much on improving 360. But there are functional differences, that's entirely true and unavoidable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mark280
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 57
Flag for a moderator

thats fine, but why not tell me that instead of lying. i think youre missing the point
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 57
Flag for a moderator

From your first sentence, I assume you think I'm Virgin Media staff - which I'm not. Check the link in my post signature if you want clarification.

With that in mind, what's the point that you feel I've missed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mark280
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 57
Flag for a moderator

i dont think you read it. read the title please, its not 'i'm not happy with my 360'
i'm concerned about the amount of lies i've been told, by over 10 people at virgin over 5 months. its staggering.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I see. Well in that case, the best advice that can be given is that you should never have been told you can revert from 360 to TiVo/V6. It sadly doesn't surprise me that a "rogue" (and I use that term lightly) C/S agent may have implied that you can.

For all intents it's a one-way trip and anyone who suggests otherwise is giving false hope.

Mark280
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 57
Flag for a moderator

wonder why theyre going with this terrible box? it doesnt make sense, its a complete cockup if you ask me. i'm moving soon and wont be using Virgin if they stay with the 360
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 57
Flag for a moderator

TiVo software is owned by TiVo & VM's parent company Liberty Global licence the use of the software. It's also a very stable, mature platform that does most of the stuff a PVR should, pretty well.

360 is based on the Horizon platform which is entirely in-house to Liberty Global, but is relatively new in its development lifecycle. In time, I'm sure many of the current shortcomings of the 360 software will be resolved one way or another.

0 Kudos
Mark280
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 57
Flag for a moderator

sorry, but it needs scrapping if im going to stay. simple as that. its a shame cos ive been with the for 10+ yrs, but my 100 a month can go to sky if nothing changes quickly
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 57
Flag for a moderator

A few posts above, you alluded to this thread not being about your satisfaction (or otherwise) with 360, but about your C/S experience.

I'm not entirely sure where this thread is going, but by means of being constructive - are there any specific aspects of 360 that you don't like, and would like to see improved?

0 Kudos