Menu
cmscratc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mini boxes

Hi

We have virgin 360 and I want to add a mini box to my bedroom tv, but trying to get any information about these seems impossible!

The chat bot sends me round in circles and when I rang up they didnt know what I was talking about.

Do these things actually exist and if so what do I have to do to get one ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mini boxes

Yes. if you have a 360 then a minibox is the multiroom solution. Needs a coax (for live TV) and 'net connection (for OnDemand, streaming & EPG updates) exactly the same as any other VM TV box, but doesn't have a hard drive so uses the main box for all recording functions.

Pricing does depend on your package and you're best calling VM to get specifics - but maybe ~£50-100 for install/activation and then maybe ~£10 a month ontop of your bundle, to replicate your existing package on that box.

The issue you'll have is that, if you don't currently have a coax connection point in the room you want the extra box, this will force a manned install to run the additional internal cabling - which VM aren't currently offering.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cmscratc
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, so they do exist at least 🙂

The problem is whoever I speak to on the phone have no idea what Im talking about! Is there a specific 360 help team or anything

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mini boxes definitely do exist.

I don't know what package you are currently on but it maybe worth trying to get a good deal upgrading to ultimate oomph, if you get the mini box installed as part of the upgrade it might work out cheaper than adding one to your current package.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cmscratc, 

Thanks for your post 🙂
Our mini boxes do exist, I can feedback about this and our agents not being knowledgeable about products.

At the moment we are not installing second boxes as its non essential.

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos